   RE: [xml-dev] Good Times Ahead for "Sharecroppers"? (Was: [OT] Ti m Bray

I dunno.  A lot of money went down the ratholes of interoperating
heterogeneous systems.   MS has done a lot to make that work at
the levels where anyone can sign on as long as they understand
what they sign up for, or even if they don't.  As far as I
can tell, they have to spend a lot of effort fixing the mistakes
of the original web designers who programmed well but understood
little of the world they were programming for.   If people bought
cars the way folks here want people to buy into the world wide
web, one would need a degree in automotive engineering to go to
the local food market instead of just a checkbook.  Some think MS,
IBM, and so on a plague.  I think of them as John Deere. I
farm; I don't build tractors.  They don't grow wheat.

With ease came the embrace.  That 'browser' is still inside an
operating system providing it services.  For those of you who
saw LEG last weekend, it's OK to approach Mina; don't tempt her.
Dorian was certainly the poorer for doing that, but the rest
made out just fine by working with her and understanding her
nature.

len