   Re: [xml-dev] Good Times Ahead for "Sharecroppers"? (Was: [OT] Tim Bray

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com writes:
>It's like a teenager wanting to leave home but not daring to. They
>want "freedom" but they want their mum to do their washing, and
>provide a car. It's a trade off of "freedom" versus "support".

That sounds like the teenager's problem, until you look at how grasping
and interfering the parents are, not to mention how unwilling they are
to let the teenager do better than the parents.

Maybe I just have nice parents, but they haven't gone out of their way
to crush my job prospects or tell the rest of the world stories about
things they are doing in the hope that no one will notice what I'm
doing.

I should probably send them a thank-you note - it's my dad's 62nd today
as well.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!