   Re: [xml-dev] Non-deterministic content models

Bob Foster scripsit:

> True, tho I suspect that the basic algorithm many use is "run it through
> trang." ;-}

Of course.  But even trang, concentrated essence of James Clark's brilliance
that it is, can't do more than can be done.  If you need to have a WXS
output that's equivalent to your RNG original, then you need to design
that original with an eye to WXS limitations.  Otherwise you wind up with
a WXS schema that's looser than the original, which is often sufficient
but other times is not.

The same story applies to DTDs, of course.

> Yes, but looking at the code I noticed MSV creates a list of types collected
> in the course of validating an attribute.

I had forgotten about this.

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       jcowan@reutershealth.com