   Re: [xml-dev] Who provide for the syntax for "file:///c:/" ?

Jeff Lowery wrote:

> File URLs seem to be interpreted diffently by different applications.  I've
> seen file:///c:/ fail, or get converted to file://c:/ or file:/c:/ by
> various tools depending presumably on phase of the moon.

Me too.  I'd try really hard to stay away from them if you possible can,
since every operating system, browser, and programming library seems to
have its own opinion.  On a lot of computers you can run a local web
server and get at local data with http://localhost/whatever URIs, which
is generally a lot safer.

--
Cheers, Tim Bray