   RE: [xml-dev] Binary XML == "spawn of the devil" ?

There was a paper in this area by Daniel Winkowski (Mitre Corp) at
XML 2002 in Baltimore, with the title, "XML Sizing and Compression
Study for Military Wireless Data" [1]. Conclusion was as far as I
remember from the presentation: XML+compression is best!

There are similar arguments when developing a delta format for XML to
represent changes, there are compact and not so compact ways to do
it. But XML is a text format and keeping to the spirit of this is
best in the long run. Certainly that is what we have endeavored to do
with DeltaXML.

Robin La Fontaine
DeltaXML: Change Control For XML, in XML
http://www.deltaxml.com

[1] http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xml02/slides/winkowski/winkowski.pdf