   RE: [xml-dev] Xpath Question

Basically: yes.

However, if you set your data model generator to preserving all boundary
whitespace text nodes per default, and all data model generators handle
all the information items in the same way as well (again, no conformance
requirement there for XPath 1.0, but potentially one given in the
context of the embedding standard such as XSLT 1.0), then you will get a
consistent model.

Best regards
Michael