   Re: RE: [xml-dev] OWL-ish question

Linda Grimaldi wrote:

> If the RDF in my earlier email is used at the ontology level, can I not
create an instance as follows:
> <ClassA rdf:ID="thisClass">
>   <hasMapping rdf:resource="#thatClass">
>       <mappingClass rdf:resource="#mappingClassInstance1"/>
>   </hasMapping>
> </ClassA>

That's not legal RDF/XML. The object of the "hasMapping" property can either
be indicated by rdf:resource= OR by an inline (striped) node. Doing both is
a syntax error.

> Thus, at the instance level, the mappingClass has different values for
different thatClass/thisClass pairs, and the transitivity property applies
to all <hasMapping> properties?

???

I am not sure what you are trying to do. Perhaps this?

<owl:Class rdf:ID="ClassA">
    <hasMapping>
        <Map>
            <toClass rdf:resource="ClassB" />
            <mappingClass>org.example.MapperA_B"</mappingClass>
        </Map>
    </hasMapping>
</owl:Class>

Jonathan