   Error when trying to set DOM node value

Hello,
I am using Xerces implementation in one of the
applications to update the value of a DOM element.
When I expect the element's old value to be replaced
with the new value, a few out of thousands of nodes
are being updated with the new value appended by
partial old value. Also, it is very inconsistent as to
how many characters of the old value are being
appended.

Eg:

If old element is <name>john,doe</name> and I say

node.setValue (bob,finch)

few elements get updated to <name>bob,finchjoh</name>
and few to
<name>bob,finchjohn,doe</name>
and
<name>bob,finchjohn,</name>

and most percentage of the records are being udpated
fine. There is no pattern at all.

Could anybody throw any thoughts as to why this might
be happening.

Thanks very much.