   RE: RE: [xml-dev] OWL-ish question

Doesn't a restriction apply to all members of a class?  What I am
looking for will vary in value by instance, not by class.  And since
instances will be added all the time, I can't subclass and lump
together.

I do have a model that will work.

I think.

It looks like:

<ClassA rdf:ID="thisClass">
	<hasMappingto rdf:resource="#thatClass"/>
	<hasMappingClass>
		<MappingClass>
			<hasTarget rdf:resource="#thatClass"/>
			<usesJavaClass>org.com.blah</hasJavaClass>
		</MappingClass>
	</hasMappingClass>
</ClassA>

The first property is transitive and has a symmetric subproperty.  This
allows for easy navigation across classes.  The second links the mapping
class to the source class.  My problem was (poorly expressed) that I
wanted to get rid of the redundancy of this model.  Target is
essentially expressed twice.  The motivation for the first property is
the performance of inference rules that will navigate across multiple
instances using the transitivity and symmetry properties of that first
relation.  Both those characteristics get lost, at least in terms of
formal OWL definition- yes, I could still write slightly more complex
rules that would do the job- if all I do is the second property.   Or at
least that's what I believe to be true- it's my first stab at doing more
than reading the spec.

Ah, for true ternary relations  :>).