   Re: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?

"Thomas B. Passin" wrote:

> More to the point,  the pruning will probably need to take some more human
> input along the way, which sounds like several passes to me.  I am not sure
> how far the person involved wants to go in paring down the schema.  I
> suspect he wants to be fairly draconian  about it.

upon examination, i reminded myself that cl-xml already serializes the dtd
through a recursive walk over the type model, as this is necessary in order to
emit sensible namespace declarations. thus,
changing it to accomplish the simple form of this was a matter of disabling
its second pass over the document definition which would normally ensure that
un-referenced types appear in the document type definition.

that exercise made the trick part of the question apparent: what kinds of
transformations are intended for the content models? a reduction to that which
appears in the document, replacement of unreferenced types with ANY?