   XSL transformation clientside errors

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: XSL transformation clientside errors
  • From: "Ali Asghar Safri" <Asafri@itimpk.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:37:57 +0500

Hi,
   I have a problem of client side XSL transformation. I sent the XML
and the XSL to the client in  XML data islands. Using the transform Node
method the HTML is returned. There is however some script tag in the XSL
file which references external .js files they are like

<SCRIPT language="Javascript" src="abc.js" DEFER="true" />

Now, after transformation the function from this .js file are not called
and object required errors are thrown. This is despite the fact that IE
has downloaded the .js file and they are visisble in the cache
(Temporary Internet Files). This problem only occurs if the .js file is
not present in the cache, hence it happens when the user visits some
site for the first time.

Any pointers about that. Thanx in advance.

Ali Asghar Safri
ITIM Associates (Pvt) Ltd.