   Re: [xml-dev] A parentless element that is not the document node -how?

Yeah - me too!!!  I'd fight before I gave up my Near and Far!  In fact
I still have the 'free' and commercial SGML version and Microstar
created and still use them on occasion.  SGML is not dead yet!

I realize this may be anarchy and I could be permanently kicked-off
xml-dev but when I start creating an XML Schema, I first create an XML DTD
in an ASCII editor, ensure that all the models look the way I anticipated
in Near and Far, then convert the DTD to schema and then edit the
resulting schema (the schema converters are never 100% accurate) and
add appropriate datatypes.

I get violently ill when I think about creating content models in an XML
Schema from the beginning.  Schema visualizers just doesn't provide the
same amount of visual support that Near and Far did.  Also, the reporting
capability of Near and Far comes in really handy sometimes.

For some of you 'old-timers' I still find Earl Hood's DTD2HTML
Perl utility still useful after all these years!  Although I have
to admit, I do like XML Spy's documentation feature.  However, I
had to write an XSLT script in order to really make the documentation
useful - but that is the beauty of having the documentation in
XML.

Betty