   Re: [xml-dev] Patented XML Compression Techniques (WAS RE: [xml-dev]Bina

Alessandro Triglia wrote:
> - there is no reason that standardization in this area will increase the
> costs of participation for smaller companies and individual.  Several ASN.1
> langage tools are freely available.

Could you please provide pointers to those tools? I've tried several times to
get my hands on ASN.1/XML tools that worked but so far the results have been
terrible, especially when looking for early implementations of X.694. The tools
either don't work, only support a very limited subset of XML Schema, don't have
standard XML APIs, etc. It would be nice if some of us could assess the quality
of the later ASN.1 specs before the workshop.

Thanks,

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/