   Re: [xml-dev] Federal Court says Microsoft infringed UC, Eolas WebObject

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
> Can you be confident that nobody holds a patent for mixing elements from
> different namespaces?

No, but I'm fairly confident it's not covered by this patent. If we start
fearing patents for everything we do, then we do nothing. The plugin way is
completely blocked and an alternative must be found. I believe intermixed
XHTML+SVG is not only a superior replacement for a Flash plugin embedded in tag
soup, it is also the only option not covered by this patent (apart from
base64-encoding your Flash in the src parameter of your objects and praying that
browsers understand data: URIs).

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/