   Re: [xml-dev] RelaxNG question

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

>Because your favorite schema language does not support the feature does not make it a daft constraint. The ability to negate wildcards is an oft requested feature of users of W3C XML Schema and makes sense if one could write something akin to
>
>	<xs:any namespace="not(##targetNamespace)" />
>
>although in this case I assume Tim would want something akin to
>

>	<xs:any namespace="not(##targetNamespace ##local)" />

This kind of test is very easy in Schematron. Something like:--

<rule context="eg:container/*">
    <ssert test="namespace()!=' ' ">Any children of an eg:container must
be in a namespace</assert>
</rule>

or

<rule context="eg:container//*">
    <assert test="namespace()!=' ' ">Any descendants of an eg:container
must be in a namespace</assert>
</rule>

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

(Apologies to anyone who has tried to contact me for the last week, while I
moved over to Linux after the virus.)