   Re: [xml-dev] A standard approach to glueing together reusableXML fragme

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 07:05, Chiusano Joseph wrote:
> <Quote>
> just isn't going to be a relational form as there's no way to determine
> a priori what the normalised records are. there's clearly 2 tables, and
> </Quote>
>
> You're assuming that the XML-formatted data will originate from (or
> ultimately be stored in) a relational database, and this is not always
> going to be the case. In fact, you may not know (and should not care)
> what the receipient's system implementation flavor is. That's part of
> the beauty of XML.

agreed, particularly if it's documentary. however if you do want to get
it into a relational database at the end of some sequence, ie you're the
recipient, it does matter a lot.

i'm looking at the id= attributes to see if they really help. hopefully
they do.

cheers

rick