   Re: [xml-dev] A standard approach to glueing together reusableXMLfragmen

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   So I really wonder what made you think Linux ain't really there. Actually
> Linux tends to be the first OS ported to new (64 bits) chips those days.

Pardon me, let me rephrase that.  One great thing about Linux is the
incredibly good price/performance on commodity Intel-architecture boxes.
  When you get to 64-bit land, the price/performance of
Itanium/SPARC/Alpha is not even close.

(BTW, I hear persistent reports that Linux/Opteron is still flaky).

--
Cheers, Tim Bray
         (ongoing fragmented essay: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)