   Re: XML CMM and ISO9000 compliance? - was A standard approach to glueing

Hmmmm.

The proofs for RM were there when Codd published. Nothing similar exists
AFAIK for XML.

What was delivered was quasi RM fulfillment via procedural SQL. I feel that
if SQL was advanced, as a standard, to fully support RM, that an
exponential decrease in SQL maintenance work would be evident from
experience and theory.

I doubt it will take 10 years. XML seems to me to be a middle-ground or
all-compromise technology. In other words, advancing it or optimizing it
for one area of effort will limit its capabilities in another area of effort.

Math proofs are acceptable. Business case proofs are acceptable. But each
of these is in the context of the full lifecycle of the application, and so
an initial experience of high value is not, alone, enough to make the case
or solve the proof.

If such proofs existed, I think they would have been published by now,
given the widespread acceptance and use of XML. Absent such proofs, I think
a _severe_ backlash can be reasonably expected, if XML projects fail
spectacularly over time.

This is what worries me.

Thanks