Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Thomas B. Passin" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "pop3" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML and the Relational Model (was Re: [xml-dev] A standard approach to glueing together ...)
- From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@stjude.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:14:39 -0500
- Thread-index: AcNsSFEi6BlqT8NSSA+MbxA4w6DcpQAZVMQg
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] XML and the Relational Model (was Re: [xml-dev] A standard approach to glueing together ...)
Thomas B. Passin <firstname.lastname@example.org> asks (among many other things):
> * Are there things in the XML world that are equivalent to
> relational database views, and if so what are they and do
> they have any advantages? Will xquery change this picture?
> Would view equivalents make updates easier or harder?
I'd propose that an XPath statement in general can be considered the XML
equivalent to a view...