   Re: [xml-dev] xml taxonomy

Your representation in ER could be for one of the following 2 things..

(a) Show how an ER representation can be serialized into XML, and given an
ER schema how we can translate it to an XML representation.

(b) Given an XML schema, how can we represent it in ER. for example, we
can translate it into entity types such as "complexTypeDefinition" etc...
Rather a kind of normalization/rewriting of XML schema..

I now see that your intent is (a), which is show how an ER representation
can be translated to an XML document..

The question then for (a) is how do you handle entity types that are
related to multiple types, recursive etc.. In other words, do you provide
means of "breaking the hierarchy"... i.e. we do not want the same entity
type to be represented multiple times..

anyways, i am asking these more out of curiosity.. hopefully this is
helpful...

cheers and regards - murali.