   XML storage

Hi,

I want to store a large number (somewhere around 50000) of data-centric XML documents. I'm a total newbie at this, but a little research has revealed that there is three main ways to go, store them as BLOBs in a RDBMS, map them up into relations, or use a native database. The documents will all conform to the same DTD, and will vary in size between 9 and 50 KB. The DTD contains many optional elements, no mixed contents, no processing instructions, CDATA or comments. The structure is not really important to preserve, and there is no need for full-text querying.
However, I'm afraid the relational approach will result in too many relations for efficient querying. The DTD contains 225 elements.

Any comments or advices on what to think about or how to do this will be greatly appreciated!

regards, Helena Forsberg