   Re: [xml-dev] Binary XML (AKA "spawn of the devil")

Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> I've posted code and performance results for my XBIS format (originally
> XML Stream) on Sourceforge at http://xbis.sourceforge.net/ I think the
> performance results are worth looking at for anyone who is open to
> alternative representations for XML.

This is interesting stuff Dennis, thanks for publishing the results.
But there is no alternative representation of XML. I think you mean
alternative representation of an XML Infoset.

It's arguably unhelpful to have workshops titled as to talking about
Binary XML when what they're going to be taking about are Binary
Infosets. Can y'all sort out your terminology, so as to keep the
waters clear?

Bill de hÓra
--
Technical Architect