   Binary XML (AKA "spawn of the devil")

  • To: XML DEV <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Binary XML (AKA "spawn of the devil")
  • From: Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:54:40 -0700

I've posted code and performance results for my XBIS format (originally
XML Stream) on Sourceforge at http://xbis.sourceforge.net/ I think the
performance results are worth looking at for anyone who is open to
alternative representations for XML.

This is essentially the same material as I submitted for the upcoming
W3C Workshop on Binary Interchange of XML, but my updated paper doesn't
appear to have made it through to posting yet (Liam, are you out
there?). It now looks like I may not be able to make the workshop
anyway, though, due to other demands on my time.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services Support - http://www.sosnoski.com
JiBX Lead Developer - http://www.jibx.org