   Re: [xml-dev] Pushing all the buttons

Tim Bray wrote:

> It's paranoid to think that some malefic Infoworld writer would
> assemble a story entirely out of elements designed to irritate me.  A
> fair-minded person would, I guess, shut up and see if this bears
> fruit, so I will.

Why irritating? We all know that XML is not optimized for efficiency
(terseness being of minimal etc.)
That there should be more efficient formats than XML for particular jobs
is no news.

The "aha" line, however, is

  "We believe that developers are to a large degree lazy. They find a
concept that they're comfortable
  with, they take that concept, and push it to the limit," said
Pelegri-Llopart."

Does anyone else read that as "Developers are stupid; how come everyone
doesn't have efficiency as their
first priority?"

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe