   Re: [xml-dev] Pushing all the buttons

At 4:41 PM -0400 9/20/03, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>The world seemed a lot more polarized between Perl-and-text-over-sockets
>approaches and CORBA/DCOM/RMI etc. approaches.

I think of this as CORNA Strikes back. The article made it pretty
clear that the developers involved really didn't believe in web
services at all, and that they'd much rather be using CORBA, RMI, or
something similar. However, empirically those technologies failed in
the marketplace. They never achieved the adoption or interest web
services are seeing.  A CORBAized web services will be no more
successful than CORNA itself was.

--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu