   RE: [xml-dev] some days I'm wrong

My two cents here: I think we can all agree that, for people familiar with
RELAX NG, RNC is easier to use. When I can see 18 declarations on one
screen, I can understand a document type's structure more quickly than when
I can only see two declarations per screen. However, if I had to teach a
class in RELAX NG to people who already knew XML and DTDs, I would use RNG,
because I wouldn't have the double problem have teaching them concepts and
syntax. Once I introduced them to RNC, there'd be a lot of tranging back and
forth between the two as they learned RNC.

The most important point is that we shouldn't generalize that XML compact
syntaxes are good because RNC is good. No one should use RNC to justify
their own compact syntax; they must justify their compact syntax on its own
terms.

Bob