   Re: [xml-dev] some days I'm wrong

At 2003-09-22 15:25 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) wrote:
>
>>However, if I had to teach a
>>class in RELAX NG to people who already knew XML and DTDs, I would use RNG,
>>because I wouldn't have the double problem have teaching them concepts and
>>syntax. Once I introduced them to RNC, there'd be a lot of tranging back and
>>forth between the two as they learned RNC.
>
>Interesting.  My intuition would be precisely the opposite - that the RNC
>is enough simpler and more expressive that that's where I'd start
>teaching.  But them I'm not a regular teacher -Tim

I teach it from RNC myself ... when being rigourous, one can so easily see
the shape of their model from indentation and spacing.

............... Ken

--
Next public US delivery:        3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2003-10-13
Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2003-11-??

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc