   Re: [xml-dev] relax ng public list?

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 01:46:08PM +0700, James Clark wrote:
> As for community building, the community I am concerned about is the XML
> community.  I do not want to build a separate RELAX NG community. I
> think the difference between RELAX NG and W3C XML Schema is not just a
> matter of a choice of one tool rather than another, but reflects a
> fundamental difference in philosophy about XML usage and processing. As
> such, I think the XML community is best served by having RELAX NG
> discussions in this list, rather than separated off into a another list.

  If you don't build an identity, it's hard to build a community.

This list has a lot of drawback, lot of people won't subscribe to
it due to the volume, and precisely the fact that it spans a very
wide set of topics. People looking into learning Relax-NG may
subscribe to a dedicated list but walk away when looking at xml-dev.
This list is rather intimidating for newbies, and that's not
really its target either based on the discussion going here.

Not having dedicated resources is IMHO an error, that would not
prevent discussing or comparing Relax-NG here for those comfortable
with xml-dev,

Daniel