   Re: [xml-dev] relax ng public list?

 > As for building a community, evangelizing & answering beginners'
 > questions, it I don't know if any of the people involved have the time
 > or the desire to.

I don't understand what's wrong with using this list for questions about
  RELAX NG. There have been plenty of questions about RELAX NG in the
past, which have been answered by myself and others.  Although RELAX NG
is my preferred schema language, I find it interesting to read
discussions here about other schema languages.  I hope those whose
preferred schema language is not RELAX NG feel likewise.  Surely this
mailing list is not restricted to discussion of W3C-recommended
technologies.

I don't think a separate mailing list would be a very good forum for
RELAX NG evangelism: that would be somewhat of a case of preaching to
the choir.  In any case, speaking for myself, I am not much into
evangelism. If a potential user feels another schema language meets
their needs better than RELAX NG, I have no desire to change their mind.
  I merely wish to make sure that users know that they have a choice.

As for community building, the community I am concerned about is the XML
community.  I do not want to build a separate RELAX NG community. I
think the difference between RELAX NG and W3C XML Schema is not just a
matter of a choice of one tool rather than another, but reflects a
fundamental difference in philosophy about XML usage and processing. As
such, I think the XML community is best served by having RELAX NG
discussions in this list, rather than separated off into a another list.

James