   Resolvable Namespace URLs

I don't want to start an argument about "should the namespace URI be
resolvable?" I had that discussion yesterday, and the result was that we
want to resolve the URI to information about the namespace, like the W3C
does for its namespaces.

Does anyone have a view of the current state of the art? Is the W3C using
RDDL behind the scenes? Are there alternative proposals still in the frame?
Is there any standards activity in this area? Back in April, there was a
plan to publish RDDL as a W3C Note, but I don't think this has happened.

Regards

Paul Spencer