   Re: XForms engine/tools suggestions

Manos:

> In short, I want to be able and write my document once (in XForms) then
> translate in client dependent markup. Target deployment platform is a
> servlet container. The tools must be open source and ideally, java based (I
> mostly care about cross platform code).
>
> If anyone has experience with tools that could help me in the above
> fuzzy scenario and can provide suggestions I would really appreciate it.
>   This is about an OS project and I really dont have time to try out
> everything between work, school and sleep (ok, and some social life).

I would recommend that you look at Chiba.  You can find it at:

	http://chiba.sourceforge.net/

It's open source, and pretty decent.  There is a new version coming out quite
soon that should support even more of the XForms recommendation/standard.

> Currently trying out Cocoon's related stuff (http://cocoon.apache.org).

There is also an adapter module called Chicoon (part of Chiba, but a separate
download) that allows you to run Chiba inside Cocoon, which is what I am
doing.  However, the current version of Chicoon only works with an older
version of Chiba.....I'm working on a new version to allow Chicoon to use the
latest Chiba release as we speak.  Probably about a week or two before that
is done.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com