   Microsoft Ambiguity regarding XSL stylesheet caching

Hi all;

At the following URL

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xslt_starter_27w4.asp

Microsoft states that:

<msdn quote>
There are several reasons for having client-side
deployment of an XSLT solution. The primary reason is
to reuse the client-side caching to avoid downloading
the same documents repeatedly. For example, you might
have several XML documents that use the embedding
method to link to the same XSLT style sheet. With
client-side caching, the style sheet is downloaded
once and only once. The next downloaded XML document
will use the cached version of the style sheet. This
helps to reduce download time.
</msdn quote>

However, as a matter of fact, the latest version of
Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106) does not behave as
described above.  Specifically, if I create an XML
document as a response to an HTTP POST request, and
embed a link at the top of it as below:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/xsl/foo.xsl"?>

foo.xsl DOESN'T get cached, IE tries to retreive it
every time.  I've dumped the HTTP traffic, and it
looks like IE copies Cache-Control: no-cache header
from the HTTP POST request into the resulting GET
/xsl/foo.xsl request as well.

Briefly, I wonder if experienced people on this list
(esp. people from Microsoft) could comment on it.  Is
it a bug or the expected behaviour?

Regards.