   Re: [xml-dev] Re: xml, books

At 21:10 15/10/2003 -0400, Jim Ancona wrote:

>"Two publishers have approached us wanting to do a hardcopy version of
>http://philip.greenspun.com/internet-application-workbook/ (the textbook
>for 6.171 at MIT).  Both have lost interest when we said that we wanted to
>keep the text online.  To a traditional publisher the Web is a place for
>stuff that isn't quite good enough to sell."

I've heard this discussed on one of the docbook lists.

The conclusion was that readers place different value on
a print book and the same content on the web.
   Just human nature?
I guess that allows for two versions to meet two different needs.
Or perhaps two different groups of people.

  I'm curious what this group of 'readers' think of this evaluation.

regards DaveP