   Re: [xml-dev] XM-Resource for unit conversion

David Baer scripsit:
> Hello everybody,
>
> For my diploma work I'm looking for a resource of a desciription of
> measurement units. For example there should be listed "inch" and then the
> multiplication factor to "meter"...

The freeware program GNU Units
(http://www.gnu.org/software/units/units.html) contains just such a data
file.  You can find it on typical Unix systems as /usr/share/units.dat .
The format is not XML, but it's fairly transparent.  You may want to
scroll down past any local additions to the copyright notice, which is
followed by an explanation of the content.

--
There are three kinds of people in the world:   John Cowan
those who can count,                            http://www.reutershealth.com