   Re: [xml-dev] Alternative "character entity" proposal

In article <004101c398ad$645aeaf0$6401a8c0@pcukmka> you write:

>Simply the fact that I can't expand my entities until I know what my
>namespace bindings are, and I can't expand my namespace URIs until I
>know what my entities refer to.

I'm not sure whether you're concerned about recognising entity
references or entity declarations.

I have mentioned the possibility of entity names being namespaced, but
that was not a necessary part of the proposal.  If you mean that the
entity-binding attributes can't be recognised, then (a) I didn't
specify whether the entity bindings apply to the other attributes and
namespace declarations on the same element - that would have to be
decided, and (b) the xmlent prefix could be a magic, fixed one like
xml (ugly but possible).

And to re-iterate what I said to start with: I don't like this
proposal very much.  I just wanted to ensure that an obvious approach
was not ignored.

-- Richard