   JAX-RPC , XML-RPC and SOAP

Hi XML Guru's
We were working on AXIS but changed the direction
towards xml-rpc after realizing that SOAP is almost 10
times slower than xml-rpc.Then i started exploring the
differences between JAX-RPC and XML-RPC(obviously
deployed some web services on APache XML-RPC).
So just wanted to know that what are the differences
betwen XML-RPC and JAX-RPC since some documents claim
that JAX-RPC is implementation of the XML-RPC protocol
where as other refute it(and say that it is not
XML-RPC rather SOAP).
Hope your opinion will clarify my this confusion.

Regards
Ashiq Anjum