   RE: [xml-dev] Why I Like Longhorn and XAML

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Why I Like Longhorn and XAML
  • From: "Steve Boyce" <SteveB@hbs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:46:09 -0000

Just to add briefly to Oleg's good points, it seems to me that MS think
very clearly about where their unique value is and how to leverage that.
I find it hard, and also pointless in fact, to criticise them for that
if they do it well.  That is why they are a business and not working on
GNU or whatever.

As a guy who just has to use the software and make a small profit, XAML
is still a future for me, but what is coming out of MS at the moment
(Biztalk 2004, Infopath) is great and displays that they are listening
to the market well at the moment.  (And by the way, Office 2003 is the
first Office upgrade for many years that seems to offer genuine value
for money in terms of business benefit)

Steve