   Re: [xml-dev] Why I Like Longhorn and XAML

Oleg Dulin wrote:

>>> what is the wheel that will be replaced? What XML rendering language
>>> is to
>>> be replaced by XAML.
>>>
>> XForms for conventional data input, SVG for vector graphics, XML+CSS
>> for rendering, XHTML+DOM for dynamic "browser" pages?
>

> That is precisely the problem.
>
> An MS developer using XAML only needs to learn XAML. Everyone else needs
> to learn 20 different XML languages.

On the other hand, I already know SVG, CSS, XHTML and DOM. Why should I
learn something other than that and give away my toolbox for a
restrictive environment where everything has the MS signature on it?

--
Manos Batsis

http://www.netsmart.gr
mbatsis at netsmart dot gr