   RE: [xml-dev] Blog Pruning

At 2:39 PM -0600 11/18/03, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>How does it make it easier to find the best most thoughtful
>replies in large threads?  I'm not a /. reader.

Regsitered readers can rate the posts they like from 1 to 5.
Individual readers can set their filters anywhere between 1 and 5.
For instance, if the filters are set at 4, you'll only see posts
rated 4 and higher. Want a little more? Set the filters lower. The
thoughtful posts rise to the top and the unthoughtful ones sink to
the bottom very quickly. However, all the posts are still there for
anyone who does what to see them. If you have a particular interest
in a story, you can easily ask to see all the posts that would
normally be below your filters.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu