   Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML and a text editor, barefoot in the winter,uphill b

Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> I have the same problem and have found XMLMind XML Editor (XXE) quite
> decent. Even if not free as free speech, it's free as free beer and it
> works beautifully on Linux.
>
> http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

I used that for my paper for Extreme Markup this year, and was very happy.

> I must confess I have written most of the book using a wiki wiki web and
> transformed the whole stuff into DocBook through XSLT and that's been an
> interesting experience!

That's interesting - I just used a wiki to write much of a white paper
at work (though it had to end up in Word).  I think the wiki is good for
formulating bits and pieces into fairly self-contained topic
expositions, which fit in perfectly with the needs of this particular paper.

Cheers,

Tom P