   RE: [xml-dev] Is there a use for standardized binary XML (was RE: Micros

Ok, Dare, I read that but I still don't quite get it.
Are you saying as I think, that the value of a binary
comes down to a "No size fits all", meaning that the
application per application type determines the need
for the binary?

That would be fine because it says that one cannot
standardize a single binary for XML.  It does not
mean a set of standard binaries per application type
would not be the answer.  In other words, the position
that "no XML binaries no way no how" won't fly.  Your
groups are developing them.  Sun is developing them.
IBM is developing them.   The only thing one can hope
for is that they keep them in their own pens, that is,
they do not become over the wire formats on the web such
that interop problems don't globalize, or if they do,
there is only one binary per application type.  In the
case of XAML, without a standard, that last option isn't
an option.

Yes? No?

len

From: Dare Obasanjo [mailto:dareo@microsoft.com]

Instead of repeating myself or dumping half a dozen links, here's one

http://www.25hoursaday.com/weblog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=a2065106-11b5-4239-824
c-5dcc1b525415

If you follow the links from that post you'll get answers to all the
questions you pose below.