   Re: [xml-dev] The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:29:36PM -0500, David Megginson wrote:
[...]
> I'm with Tim on this one.  Except when constrained by a customer contract,
> my slideshows have never overlapped much with the content of my
> presentation -- I design them to supplement, not to duplicate.

Agreed - the best talks I've heard (and I like to think given) don't
rely on bullet points.  Sometimes I do use bullet points to try and
help an audience that's not too familiar with the content, so they
can skim, so to speak, and pick out what is relevent to them, but
that's relatively rare.

The slides need to add interest.

Sometimes the idea of "write once, publish often" is more of a myth
than at other times :-)

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/