   xsql - accessing parameters in sqlfunction

  Hi

  I'm a newbee when it comes to xsql/xml...

  I'm having problem getting access to parameters passed from a webpage. I'm proberbly just misunderstanding
  something.

  Here's what's done: The user selects a year which is then passed to the xsql, and I need to select all
  diaryentries from the year given (see code below). My problem is that the '?' is not accepted as the value of
  the selectYear parameter. How do I get hold of that value so that I can use it in the to_date function?

  This is the code I have

  <xsql:query
  rowset-element=""
  row-element="monthelement"
  tag-case="lower"
  bind-params="selectYear selectYear"

  select unique to_char(diarydate, 'Month') as month, to_char(diarydate, 'MM') as mm
  from diaryentry
  where
  diarydate between
  to_date(?||'-01-01','YYYY-MM-DD')