From: John Cowan [mailto:cowan@mercury.ccil.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 6:17 AM
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Why is xml:base a URI *reference*?

Bjoern Hoehrmann scripsit:

> They rather want to change the IETF definition... See
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2003Jan/0005>.

The current draft of RFC 2396bis adopts the term "URI" generally
in the sense of "URI reference", abandoning the old distinctions.
Note that there is no BNF rule "URI" in 2396: the term "URI" is
defined informally.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.reutershealth.com