   RE: [xml-dev] Expertise and Innovation - was Re: [xml-dev] Non-Borg serv

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Expertise and Innovation - was Re: [xml-dev] Non-Borg servers can authenticate Borg clients (Was Re: [xml-dev] Re: Cookies at XML Europe 2004 -- Call for Participation)
  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:49:38 -0500

joshuaa@microsoft.com (Joshua Allen) writes:
>I consider
>the flip-flops between URI/URL, "Universal"/"Uniform" to be politics
>that do not invalidate the significance of the concept as it will
>ultimately be proved IMO.

You're welcome to do so.

>From my perspective, though, it's just loading even more weight onto a
string format that's already collapsing under too many expectations.

We don't have universality, pretty though it may sound, and I can't say
I expect that we will.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether