   RE: [xml-dev] Postel's law, exceptions

  • To: "Rich Salz" <rsalz@datapower.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Postel's law, exceptions
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:11:43 -0800
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

The issue isn't whether they are bugs in the generator. The question is
whether an aggregator should [for example] try each of the heuristics
below to try to parse an XML document instead of giving Joe User an ugly
error message because the Ziff Davis Microsoft-Watch or National
Geographic RSS feed doesn't specify the correct encoding in the XML
declaration.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Entropy isn't what it used to be.