   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL(2): new version up

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 18:20, John Cowan wrote:

> As to the uptake of XLink, it is used by XTM, the XML representation of
> topic maps, which is definitely important within its scope.

It's also used in SVG and OpenOffice to name two other specs that come
to mind.

I am surprised to see that "not using XLink" seems now to be considered
as a benefit by itself.

A while ago, XLink was to be the technology that would save the web and
now it has become evil because that has not be the case.

Why not just take it for what it is: a spec with a domain of application
that can be useful in its domain (and I think that it's the case for
RDDL) and useless in other domains (as for any specification)?

Eric
--
Have you ever thought about unit testing XSLT templates?
                                                     http://xsltunit.org