   Re: [xml-dev] Fwd: Re: Genx - expat co-operation

At 16:12 26.1.2004, you wrote:
> > These kind of functions are not currently part of public expat API.
>
>Correct. Btw, I don't think Expat checks URIs.

Oh yes. Uri checking is more wise to handle in the higher level anyway -
in library like libcurl that is possibly used with expat.

>In any case, this would be a little difficult to expose,
>because these functions are are inlined as macros in
>a way that makes them part of the parsing logic, they
>are not callable as separate functions. At a first glance
>it is not even easy to see which ones they are.

xmltok.c contains utf8_isName2 etc. functions which
use UTF8_GET_NAMING macro and its counterparts
UTF8_GET_NAMING2 etc. to access UTF-8 tables
in nametab.h

These could be used to implement
int XmlWriterService_CheckName(XMLWriterService XWs, const utf8Byte *s);
type of function. But I think there will be standalone genx implementation
that duplicates this. Maybe genx should borrow something from expat though...

And yes, expat is quite heavily macro oriented and complex piece of software,
and I'm not even sure if the exposing of parser functions for genx would be
that beneficial thing, this was just an idea of mine that wasn't based on
anything
concrete.

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo