   Re: [xml-dev] text to XML

> I've asked this question here before, but I need a refresh. I know you can
> use xmlspy, xmlLinguist, and LTE.exe (xmlLinguist on the command line) to
> convert text files (not CSV) to XML. Is anybody using anything else?

Anyone in the EDI world is very familiar with text-to-text translators like
Mercator, Biztalk, etc. A lot of these mappers were not designed to go from
text to XML but rather text to any other text format. Because of that, to
get them to XML you have to jump through a lot of hoops, templates, etc. But
they will translate any non CSV text file into XML, you just have to know
how.

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the Text-to-XML Translator
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmllinguist