   Re: [xml-dev] best practice for providing newsfeeds ?

Joshua Allen scripsit:

> But in any case, I fail to see how adding
> another field will stop people from putting the wrong dates in those
> fields -- the semantics of "pubDate" are remarkably clear, and people
> still screw it up.

What is the source of this supposed clarity?  As someone who actually
publishes news articles for a living, to paying customers, we have considerable
trouble with the concept of "publication date" when an item is being revised.
Are we better off preserving the original date, or using the current
(i.e. last-update) date instead?  We too end up maintaining two date fields.

--
"[T]he Unicode Standard does not encode         John Cowan
idiosyncratic, personal, novel, or private      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan